Back  Main Page

Lochgelly Cinemas
Photos courtesy of Harry Rigby.

Cinema de Luxe
Bank Street

Opened 1903s. Seated 720.
Auditorium used as workshop & offices.
Original paybox and signs in situ  – projectors still in box
(projectomatic (model O), Kalee 12, AEI Xenon)

Two photos of the building taken when still a cinema in the late 1970s are available here and here, courtesy of Alastair Kerr.

The Cinema/Opera House
Main St.

Opened in 1920s in Reid's Hall / Opera House of 1908.

Now derelict. Large fly tower at rear.

Back  Main Page