Back   Main Page

Princes Cinema
20, Gourlay Street



Opened 8.11.37 by ABC on site of the old Princes cinema, by architects McNair & Elder (unusually stark for them). s. 2,050. Closed 27.7.68; bingo. Demolished 1978.

(This replaced the original Princes cinema, opened 9.14 by Scottish Picture House Ltd. Architect Richard Henderson. s. 988. Sold to SCVT, 1917. Closed, demolished 1936).

Photo c1980 courtesy Chris Doak.

 
Back  Main Page