Main Page

Kings Picture Theatre
59 James St, Bridgeton


Originally a drill hall, then a skating rink, the King's Picture Theatre opened as a cinema in 1910, and sat around 1400. The facade was rebuilt in 1936, and the cinema closed in 1959.

Now a furniture store and warehouse.

More pictures of the exterior available here.

Archive photo courtesy Chris Doak


Main Page