The B-listed Govanhill Picture House opened in 1926. Built to the designs of Eric A Sutherland, it featured an interesting Egyptian-styled facade, with columns and a moulded scarab above the entranceway.
The interior sat 1,200, and although described as having stalls and balcony, the front of the 'balcony' came right down to the rear of the 'stalls' level, with a wooden dividing wall to keep the separate areas apart.
The building was sold to ABC in 1929, and remained open until 1961, from when it was used for bingo. That ended in 1974, since when the building has mainly been used as a warehouse.