|Opened May 1916, seating 850,
Cranston's DeLuxe was part of a large development by Glasgow based
businesswoman Miss Cranston, which also included restaurants and
A second cinema, the News Theatre, opened 1954; a third (Tatler Cinema Club) also opened in 1969.
Complex was sold and renamed the Classic Film Centre in 1972 (3 screens: 644, 220, 136 seats). Closed 1981 after a bad fire; all but the facade was later demolished.
See pictures of the facade lit up at night here.
Building is listed, Grade B
Photos from 1990 courtesy of Chris Doak.