Back Main Page
Opened 7.8.22 by JJ Bennell. Architect McInnes Gardner & Campbell Reid to seat 2,004. This replaced an earlier BB Cinerama that had opened nearby in 1912.
Sold to Gaumont, 1929. Auditorium extended and a new entrance on Butterbiggins Road, incorporating a large sunburst design, added in 1931, by architect James L Ross to seat 2,662. Renamed New Cinerama from 1948.
Rebuilt, renamed Odeon, 24.2.64. s. 2,003.
Closed 6.10.81. Demolished late 1986.
Photos c1986 courtesy Chris Doak.